The Peloton App is a workout app that lets you stream exercise videos such as running, cycling, and strength building. And the great thing is, you don’t even need a Peloton machine to use it.
But there’s a drawback for those who own a Samsung TV – the Peloton App is not supported on Samsung TV.
But don’t worry – there are several easy fixes. This article shows you five easy ways to get your Peloton app on Samsung TV.
But first of all, what exactly is the Peloton app?
- What Is Peloton App?
- Why Isn’t Peloton App on Samsung TV?
- How To Get Peloton App on Samsung TV – 5 Easy Fixes
What Is Peloton App?
The Peloton app, also known as Peloton Digital, is a subscription-based service available on mobile phones and streaming devices.
It offers training videos in ten different workout genres including cycling, running (treadmill), outdoor (jogging), yoga, meditation, strength, bootcamp, and cardio.
The app keeps track of your workouts and gives you badges when you reach certain goals.
It offers live classes at the same time each week and you can add these to your own personal schedule.
The app also has a social function that allows you to ‘high five’ other users on their achievements and even digitally exercise with other users.
The Peloton app is available on some Smart TVs but not on Samsung TVs. And that’s what this article is about: how to get the Peloton app on your Samsung TV.
Why Isn’t Peloton App on Samsung TV?
Before we get started, you might be wondering why is the Peloton app not available on Samsung TVs?
Well, the answer is quite simple.
It would take a lot of manpower and financial resources to make an app compatible with every TV on the market. So app creators focus on making their apps compatible with a few popular streaming devices. That way they can reach the largest possible audience in a cost-effective way.
How To Get Peloton App on Samsung TV – 5 Easy Fixes
Here are five easy solutions for getting the Peloton app on your Samsung TV.
#1. Use a streaming device
The first and easiest solution for getting the Peloton app on Samsung TV is to use a streaming device such as Roku, Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick.
Just plug your streaming device into the HDMI port on your Samsung TV and then follow these steps:
- Make sure the Roku device is logged into the same WiFi network as your Samsung TV
- Launch the App Store session on the Roku device and search for “Peloton app”
- Click on “Install” and then open the Peloton app from the Roku home screen
For Fire Stick:
- Set the Input on your Samsung TV to “Firestick”
- Hold down the Home button on your Firestick remote and select “Mirroring”
- Go to Settings on Peloton and choose Display > Cast Screen > Firestick
- Your Peloton Screen will now play on your Samsung TV
- Open the Peloton app on your smartphone and log in
- Play a video that you want to cast to your TV
- Tap the Cast icon on the video panel
- The app will display a message saying, “Cast to Chromecast TV”
- Tap on the message
- The video will now appear on your TV via Chromecast.
When you have finished, click the Cast button and choose “Stop Casting”.
#2. Connect another device to your Samsung TV
The second easy fix is to take a device that does support the Peloton app (this could be your smartphone, your laptop, or a tablet) and plug it into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV. You’ll then be able to stream the Peloton app directly to your Samsung TV.
However, you may need an adaptor to connect the HDMI cable to the other device. For example, if you are going to stream from your smartphone, you would need an adaptor that goes from HDMI to whatever the socket is on your smartphone.
Once you have connected the other device to your Samsung TV, go to ‘Source’ on the TV and choose ‘HDMI’. And that’s it – you’re ready to stream from the Peloton app on the other device straight to your Samsung TV.
#3. Cast a Peloton device to your Samsung TV
Another easy way to get Peloton app on Samsung TV is to cast from your Peloton machine to your Samsung TV.
Most recent Samsung TVs have built-in Chromecast. But even if you have an older Samsung TV that doesn’t have a Chromecast app, you can buy a Chromecast streaming device and plug it into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV.
Then just follow these instructions:
- On your Samsung TV, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > More Options and make sure that “enable wireless display” is checked.
- Then on your Peloton screen go to Settings and click on ‘Cast Screen’. Then choose ‘Samsung TV’ from the list of devices.
- If your Samsung TV does not appear, hit the ‘refresh’ button in the top right of the Peloton screen – that will force the Peloton to search again for nearby devices.
- You can now cast from your Peloton machine straight to your Samsung TV.
#4. Cast from an iOS device to your Samsung TV
Another way to get the Peloton app on Samsung TV is to cast Peloton from an iOS device, such as your iPhone, using AirPlay.
Here is how to do it:
- First, make sure your Samsung TV and your iPhone are both logged into the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iOS device open the Peloton app and go to a fitness class
- Tap on the ‘Cast’ button and chose ‘Cast via AirPlay’
And that’s it! You’ll now be able to follow your Peloton fitness class on the big screen.
#5. Cast from an Android device to your Samsung TV
You can do the same thing on an Android device. Here are the steps for casting from your Android smartphone to your Samsung TV:
- Make sure your Samsung TV and your Android device are logged in to the same Wi-Fi network
- Open the Peloton app on your Android device and go enrol in a workout class
- Tap on the casting option on the right side of the screen
- Choose ‘Samsung TV’ from the available devices
You can now follow your Peloton class on your Samsung TV!
Samsung TVs don’t have native support for the Peloton app but don’t let that put you off. There are lots of ways to get your Peloton app on Samsung TV.
Choose one of these five easy fixes and you’ll be enjoying your Peloton workout on the big screen in no time!